Monday, January 17, 2011

Calling

Reach the "unreachable".
Teach the "unteachable".
Love the "unlovable".
Hope in the hopeless.
Believe the unbelievable.


This is what I believe the Lord has called me and the rest of the Church to do. I am beginning to see parts of this becoming more incorporated in my life. It isn't out of my own doing, but He is providing these opportunities for me.


I want to really learn how to do this and trust wholeheartedly in my Savior.
In a couple of weeks I will be walking into a strip club as a "minister". I will be talking with women who are currently in this business to make money for themselves, their children, and/or a significant other.

This is going to change my life.

This is going to be hard.

It won't just be me, my ministry partner, and them in this restaurant, but their customers will eagerly be waiting for these women to entertain them. I am going to be immersed in this industry very soon. As I think about this opportunity I am fearful and excited.

All I know is that the internship at Hope Alive is going to change things for me. I am going to meet people that are hurting deeper than I have ever felt and experiencing a life that I know very little about. My heart is going to be broken and changed.

Love conquers all fear. Immersion in His love is the only way I will be able to protect myself and learn how to deal with all of this.
My forever altered life begins tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am so excited for you after reading this! Katie, you can do this and I want to support you in any way I can....I can't wait to hear how this experience changes you! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you read 'radical?' your life is definitely becoming more radical. i cannot wait to see what God does in your life this summer :)

    ReplyDelete